Waspadai 5 Gejala Kanker Paru
Growth is slow, but lung cancer does not care if you attack a man or woman, officials or ordinary people. If you do not quit smoking, you will suffer for it.
According to the lung specialist from Jakarta Friendship Hospital, Dr. Elisna Syahruddin, PhD, Sp.P, in the early stages, lung cancer is rather difficult to detect because no significant symptoms. Lung cancer can only be caught if the circumstances were so heavy. "Most people just come to the doctor after experiencing coughing up blood," said Elisna.
In addition, lung cancer symptoms can vary, depending on where and how far this spread of malignant tumors in the lung organ. Some common symptoms are commonly encountered in patients with lung cancer in addition to cough up blood include shortness of breath, recurrent pneumonia or bronchitis, fatigue, loss of appetite or weight loss, hoarseness, and swelling in the face or neck.
Here are some symptoms that should be observed from this deadly cancer:
1. Without symptoms. About 25 percent of lung cancer patients will know it when they perform routine X-ray or CT scan and found lesions (tissue damage) is called a coin lesion. In these patients usually do not encounter significant symptoms.
2. Symptoms associated with cancer. Cancer growth and invasion in lung tissue and surrounding tissue may affect breathing and lead to early symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, chest pain and coughing up blood (hemoptysis).
And if the cancer has invaded the nerve, for example, can cause pain in the shoulder which then spreads downward to the outside of the arm (called Pancoast syndrome) or paralysis of the vocal sound that causes hoarseness. The attack on the esophagus also cause dysphagia. If air flow is hampered, the lungs will then susceptible to infection (pneumonia).
3. Symptoms associated with metastasis. Lung cancer can also spread to the bone and produces excruciating pain. Cancer that has spread to the brain can even lead to a number of neurological symptoms, such as blurred vision, headache, stroke symptoms such as fatigue, loss of sensation in a particular body part.
4. Symptoms of "paraneoplastic". Lung cancer is often accompanied by symptoms of paraneoplastic syndrome called, the hormone production of tumor cells. Paraneoplastic syndrome occurs mostly in lung cancer small cell carcinoma types, but can also be seen in other species.
Paraneoplastic syndromes associated with this type of lung cancer small cell carcinoma is due to the production of a hormone called adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) by cancer cells, as the beginning of the excess expenditure or secretion that occurs in the adrenal gland hormone cortisol.
Meanwhile, paraneoplastic syndromes are frequently seen in lung cancer types of non-small cell carcinoma is usually derived from a substance similar to parathyroid hormone resulting in increased levels of calcium in the blood stream.
5. Non-specific symptoms. Look at each type of cancer, including lung cancer, for example, weight loss, weakness, and fatigue. Psychological symptoms such as depression and changes in mud too frequent.
source by : kompas.com and sehatnews.com